Friday, March 16, 2012

Again...

It happened again. I've gone MIA. There's no other excuse but that everything is so.BUSY. The Goose is nonstop energy, and his favorite word is "out", and little boys don't care about rain or cold. Work, while I'm only there three days a week, is a constant game of catchup because, well, I'm only there three days a week. The house is in constant shambles, despite the fact that I feel like I'm always picking it up. When did we accumulate so much stuff? We need a spring cleanout ASAP.

On the fun front:
-I distracted myself from the messy house with pillows and more pillows. We have two couches (or a seperated sectional, but that's a whole other deal I won't get into) and now about ninety billion pillows. I love it. All from etsy, all involving mostly yellow, some aqua and a little green. What was that about too much stuff? Updates to come (promise*)
-I'm still collecting plates for a display gallery, but that's slow moving, and I haven't purchased any super-in-love ones lately, so no updates for now.
-We're getting a new dining table. It's beyond overdue. Our current one is a wood veneer topped bar height mini table. The veneer was stripping off because the Goose likes to pour water on it and stab it with his fork. The new one is standard height and we are having it custom made, for a deal. It's solid wood pedestal thats not too huge, but has a leaf. We're having it stripped and finished with a worn whitewash look. No chairs, though. Don't know how we'll work that one out considering we can't really work with what we have for the time being - they're barstools. The table won't be done for another week or two, so we're scouring craigslist and I may just paint/finish them myself. I'm thinking a nice aqua blue, a bright navy/royalish blue or a pop of yellow. And I'd love to have some cool oilcloth seats. I'm still thinking it over. And searching for the chairs.
-I have some major picture uploading to do. I believe the last non-phone pics of the Goose I posted are from well over 5 months ago, yikes.
-Tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day and my family is taking over the Regency in NYC to celebrate the holiday, and also to celebrate Kerry Rose. God help that hotel staff. No, seriously. Pics to follow, but here's a preview:

Thats an Irish beret on his head. It's just leeettle too big, no? Still ridiculously cute, though.

Also to come: M's big surgery, about a week and a half away. I'll be writing up a post to explain everything and all the sordid details.
Until then, have a great weekend and Happy St. Patricks!

No comments:

Post a Comment