Thursday, February 23, 2012

Stranded

I'm watching Elmo in Grouchland for like the ninetieth time in three days. For a few reasons, mostly because the Goose is currently OBSESSED, but also because we're basically stranded in this house. It's been kinda cold but still mostly nice, especially for late Feb (ahhh global warming). And normally we'd be getting out and going places, but our "good car" is in the shop for the second time this month and about a thousand dollars later, it's still effin there. Oh, and us smarty pants were intelligent enough to take the carseat out to use with our second car...but not the stroller. M has been working every.damn.day ( hello overtime), taking the car and leaving me with nada, not even a stroller. So we've been getting around by way of the fisher price cozy coupe. Let me tell you, the cozy coupe is not a very practical means of transportation to go anywhere of importance or of use, really. The park is about it. And even then all the other kids are trying to swipe it and I'm all "go ahead, little boy, hop in, fun for everyone". But then I see the other moms giving me the ice grill for being the idiot momma who brought the coveted and mutually loved cozy coupe to the park because now all their kids are crying because not everyone of them can play with it at once. Mom-park fail.
With all that mouthful said, we're home more than usual. I've been pulling out all the stops with different at-home activities, but in the last two days the Goose took half a sip of soapy water, been unhappily covered in cornstarch goop, and discovered he hates to be a toilet paper mummy, among many other laughable situations, so they've also been a slight fail. I'm running out of at home ideas and if I watch Elmo one more time I'm going to rip my hair out. On the positive side I've rearranged a few things and gotten a ton of laundry and cooking done. Good with the bad I guess. Here's some cuteness from our past few days stranded...

No comments:

Post a Comment