Friday, April 27, 2012

Gdamned Lemon Update

I'm not neglecting you, promise. Well, okay. I am a little, but not on purpose. It's for good reason.

One, we're narrowing down our options for our NEW car! Yes, we junked the gdamned lemon (edit: will be, when we get the new one). We're on a very tight deadline (the end of the month is the best time to buy a car, and we surely can't wait until the end of next month), and plusalso I'm not even home during most of this search to boot - I've been working this past week and will be away for most of this upcoming weekend. I spent two days out of three visiting dealerships so far but the rest, and possiblly final decision, is up to M this weekend. We like a few different cars, but can't seem to nail down our favorite. With such a tight budget but having bigtime needs, we're just not finding the perfect combination of hitting everything we need vs. what we can afford. Well be sacrificing somewhere, so we just have to choose whats most important. Safety is both of our top priorities, space is my second. M takes care of all the engine requirements and we're trying to meet in the middle on the rest. Turns out I'm a wierdo when it comes to cars. I prefer little to none of the bells and whistles they try to sell you on. Perfect example - why does noone have roll down windows anymore? I have a very ridiculous, irrational fear of my car driving off of a bridge with me in it. Windows would be the only way out. Power windows = death. Well at least in my book. (sidenote, I'm pretty over this fear, but the christmas after I got my first car, both my parents and my grandmother bought me those emergency car hammer thingys that shatter windows and have a knife to cut seatbelts. They were my favorite gifts that year. This is sadly, not an exaggeration or a lie).

That was a nice little side-rant...

Two, I'll be gone all weekend because I have a bachelorette party and I'm pretty effin psyched. I realize some might say my priorities are little off, being that we have to buy a car and all. But I've been waiting for this weekend for a long time and I NEED the time away. I'm snappy, cranky and just need quick little refreshing break. It was only this morning that I realized this will be the longest I'll have ever been away from the Goose. Ever. I've never been more that 24 hours away from him in entirety. I think it will be good. And it's only two nights. My goal for the weekend is to NOT get white girl wasted. I used to be a pro at that - getting white girl wasted and blacking out, only to recover the next day like nothing ever happened. Now, two glasses of whatever poison I'm drinking and the next day might as well not exist. Actually, I wish the next day after drinking woudln't exist, because it's usually a living hell. I do not hangover well. I throw up until well into the evening, headaches turn into migraines and I'm generally a ball of puke misery. (Unless you get me a Mr. Softee black-and-white shake, then my soul is saved). Regardless of all of the fun mentioned above, I AM excited for this weekend. We're heading upstate to a Tap (Beer) Fest and staying in a cute little condo. There's 12 of us, shouldn't be too crazy and the bride is laid back and AWESOME. She's not into making this a phallic-shaped/pink feather boa party. Just a nice weekend away with a side of booziness. Perfection.

When I return, more on the car. And I absolutely promise that in the next week you will have photos. Not from my iPhone, though there may be some of those too. And no, none of them will be from this weekend. Well, maybe...

Enjoy your weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment