Monday, May 23, 2011

Current Want/Need

If I took the time to list every item that I'm currently crushing on, or all of the things that we need for our house, I'd be listing until I were 6 feet in the ground.
So for now, I'm listing two that I actually plan on buying.

Fabric for Curtain/Drapery Panels

Because the three windows in our living room currently sport three different window treatments (the bay window being roman blinds, another would be a bamboo shade, and the third has some cheapo too-short and too-narrow beige linen curtains). M has been bugging me since we moved in to do something about this. For some months, it was acceptable cuz I was all knocked up and stuff. A few more were excusable because I was a new mom. But now it's just embarrasing (actually it always was, but now it's unacceptable).
I'll be buying the above fabric and no-sewing drapes. Because even the most undomestic goddess can do a little ironing. Too bad that as soon as I pulled the trigger and decided to take on this mini project, the fabric went out of stock (and by "as soon as", I literally mean hours). Says June 28th back in- I hope I don't lose my motivation by then.
(I'll be referring to this tutorial from YHL. As a side note, YHL should have been on my "obsessed with" list, because I sweat these two homeowners and all their DIY skillz.)

Another thing M has been nagging me about is to hang things on the walls. As of yet I have three beachy/shell photos in large Ikea frames, and one wedding picture. Thatisall. BigFatFail. As of last week M decided to hang is recently passed grandmother's clock. While extremely sweet and sentimental, attractive it is not. I feel like a cold ice queen for saying it, but I cannot stand it. I get the feeling he's mostly hung it in order to light a fire under my ass. Consider my ass burned b/c the very next day I was on a mission. Found these plates. Mission accomplished. I'll buy two each of the four colors and arrange them to look art-sy. Bonus points go to the name Delilah, which I love but don't know that I could actually name my child in real life (besides the fact that M would never go for it).

That's it for the moment...

No comments:

Post a Comment