Friday, February 10, 2012

the return of... Fill in the Blanks!

Head on over to Lauren's place to join the filling fun!



1.  I started my blog because   I wanted to start opening myself up a bit (but I’m still a pretty guarded person, so I don’t know that it’s working) and to be able to share a little about my life, my house and things that make me happy. Also, to start putting my photography out for the world to see. I don’t know that I’m doing a good job on any accounts ha.
2.   One thing I love seeing on other blogs   everything. Seriously, I love to read about people’s children, especially when they’re around the Goose’s age. I love to read about pregnancy, DIY, home decorating, food, clothes, sarcasm, real life. Everything. The only thing I don't love is/are blogs written by people who use them to complain about their life. I realize that some people need this as an outlet, but it’s just not my cup of tea.  

3.  Something I love about blogging   How open some people are. I wish I could let my guard down like those who talk about miscarriage or death or things going on in their lives that might otherwise be considered personal. Maybe someday I will get there.
4. A favorite blog post of mine is probably  Nella’s Birth Story, written by Kelle Hampton on her blog Enjoying the Small Things. It is absolutely amazing. You will cry and connect with apart of yourself and to her in a way you didn’t think possible. I think I’ve said it once before, that woman has a way with words that’s absolutely amazing. Her blog is inspiring, truly.

5. Something my friends in real life know about me that I've never before mentioned on my blog is   a lot of things. Like I said, I’m extremely guarded. It scares the bejesus out of me to open up to strangers about things going on in my life that may be personal. I hope to use this blog to slowly let go.

6.  My new favorite blogs to read
I don’t know how I lived without Annie’s Eats. For real, everything she makes I want to make…and then eat…immediately. Also Our Little Beehive and somehow I wasn’t following Bower Power…don’t know how I wasn’t on the ball with that one!
7.  Some things I tend to avoid doing on my blog are   (should I beat a dead horse?) very personal things.

We’ve got a family party tomorrow night which will be fun because we haven’t seen M’s side of the family since Christmas. Then I’ll hopefully be cleaning on Sunday because our house is seriously disastrous. I’m talking crumbs –on-the-kitchen/dining-room floor from more than a week ago type dirty. I’ve just been in a funk that I can’t shake and while the last thing I like to do when I’m in a funk is clean, I’m thinking the end product will help to get me out of it. That or chocolate. But the tight pants are telling me I should try cleaning first.

Enjoy your weekend!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment