Thursday, August 16, 2012

Sharing a little & Week 5

We've told my parents and my MIL. We've also told my brother, and M's sister and BIL. We've held off on telling M's father because the last time around he told the ENTIRE family as soon as he hung up the phone with us, and we know he'd do the exact same thing again. He'll be mad, but we don't want to risk it. We might tell friends or other family if we feel it's right or we have to (many people take notice when a lush isn't drinking at a party), but otherwise this is it for now.

I realize I forgot to mention this kiddles estimated due date. From my own timing calculations, we're looking at April 17th/18th as the due date, but my guestimate says this one will come about a week or more late. The babies in our family like to cook themselves up nice and good - no one's ever come early or on time. No one. In fact my mother was due with my brother on May 18th, only to be told a third of the way through her pregnancy that she was, in fact, due on April 18th - they had miscalculated. Guess when he was born? MAY 31st!!!! That's 6 weeks of thinking you're going to go into labor at any moment. I would have wished death upon my doctor if that had ever happened to me. Thank God medical technology has improved. Even if you look at her reality, he was 11 days late. I was 9. Luckily, she pushed us both out in under 3 hours, from very first labor contraction to baby, naturally. My.Dream.

I debated whether or not to do a "weekly check in", or just keep it to monthly. I know I don't post here a lot. And I realize that, for the very small amount of people reading this blog (if any), to go from a very few posts having to do with house stuff, or pictures, or very light topics, to then going to a weekly post only related to pregnancy, well it may just be too much. But then I realized that I wanted to see the changes week to week - for myself. When considering just doing monthly check ins, I thought to myself that I would end up wanting to do one/do one anyway elsewhere. And what's the point of this blog if I'm not going to post it all anyway? So weekly check ins, it is.

5 Weeks



How far along? 5weeks

Total weight gain? Still no weight info.

Maternity clothes? Nope, my pooch is still proving to be helpful in hiding the bloat - which there is plenty of.

Best moment this week? telling our parents.

Symptoms? Other than the bloat (dear lord, the bloat), a little tired.

Cravings? Broccoli and cheese. Weird, but half healthy so I'll take it.

Sleep? Sleep has improved dramatically. Pretty much back to normal.

Milestones/What's going on with Baby? Little one's heart and circulatory system is developing and they're now the size of an orange seed. Still pretty small, little one.

What are you most looking forward to this week? Setting up doctor appointments. I'm having some difficulties because I'd like to see a midwife this time around. Nothing totally against my previous OB, I just want a different "experience" this time around. Being that I wasn't high risk last time and had a vaginal birth, I think this move should work out. The problem is nailing down my midwife, plus I'm being told I need authorization from my PCP to go to a midwife and he's giving me pushback on it. There's a practice I'm dying to go to that delivers at the birthing center closest to us (there are two other hospitals, but I really want the birthing center), but they aren't covered by my insurance. There's only one midwife covered that delivers there, and she doesn't have the best reviews. So we're going to see if I can get authorization to go to an out of network midwife given I don't have any choices, really. Plus with M's insurance, we can switch once a year with no penalty during the month of October. If we choose to do that, we have to make sure everything will be a smooth transition, plus I'll have to get some type of prenatal care before then since I'll be on my way out of the first trimester by October. A lot of bases to cover, it's overwhelming.

I'll need to update you soon the Goose's birthday plans. I feel like it was not too long ago I was posting pics from his 1st birthday. I know I procrastinate, but really, a year later already????

1 comment:

  1. Fairly good post. I simply stumbled upon your blog and wished to say that I have really enjoyed studying your blog posts. Anyway I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope to learn your post once more soon.

    ReplyDelete