Thursday, January 12, 2012

Chase

Remember, from back in this post, the Delilah plates from C&B that I was dying to buy for a plate collection gallery that were no longer available?

Well, every now and then I check around to find a trace of them, to no avail. And then two days ago I got the newest C&B catalogue and opened to the inside cover page...

...and laid my eyes on the Chase plate.

The purchase button has already been pressed and he's on his way! I chose only two of the yellow (Chase comes in three colors - yellow, blue, green) because I’m hoping that if I decide later that I want the blue or green, they might still be around (the blue, green and teal Delilah plates were around for months after the yellow ones sold out). Also, I’m pretty indecisive about how I want the gallery collection to be be configured and how many plates I’ll want/need. So instead of going all crazy buying six or more plates in three colors, I just grabbed two yellows because there’s no way I’m letting them slip away this time. I figure this can be an ongoing project. It works better for me since, besides these two C&B plates, I don’t seem to fall in love with much anything else. Even more importantly, fundage is superlow around here these days, with me being part time and M not really being available for overtime b/c of his injury. All $$ is being closely watched, and home decor is definitely not a priority. This also means that each piece will likely be something I’m in love with since I took my time to gather the collection, and that the collection can evolve with my changing taste.
Right now the goal is to bring in pops of yellow to add to all the neutral blues and beiges we’ve got going on now. Besides our front door, I’ve been holding out, but these plates just sealed the deal.
Like I said, the home décor changes in our house are going to be slow-coming, but I’m pretty pumped about these plates right now and that’s good enough for me.

Who knew that a plate could cause so much excitement? To say that “times have changed” in my life would be an understatement.

No comments:

Post a Comment