Friday, January 6, 2012

Ummm...Happy New Year?

So... yeah. I disappeared. Like, big time disappeared. My apologies.
It's due in part to my guilty conscience: how when time passes and I feel guilty I haven't posted regularly, so I just kind of put it out of my mind to avoid the gilt. Add in some of the craziest works months of my life, combine those with some major unexpected changes having to do with M's surgery, and you get what equals a really bad blogger absence.
I'd apologize again, but really - don't know how many of you there are to apologize to, if we're being honest here. And if there were any readers to begin with, well, I'm sure you're gone now. So I will try to make it up to you/me: I'm going to try to get back into the swing of things. I'm not a very active blogger to begin with, but it's nice to have a place to come to post pretty things and show off my pictures. And maybe I'll start using it as an outlet more (we do have some major life stuff going on right now). Who knows where this thing will go.
I don't make New Year resulotions. EVER. I honestly don't think I've ever officially made one - I am one of those people who kind of don't believe in them. I feel that if you're going to make a change, January 1st is not the time to do it. You've got to be fully committed in your mind, no matter the time of year, to be successful. With that said, I'm making a declaration that I will try harder as of now. To stick around regularly; to open up more (I rarely post about what's truly going on in this little mind of mine...I'm extremely guarded); and hopefully to really give you insight into what we've got going on. Good or bad.

I'll wrap it up here, keep it simple. I've got a few posts coming that I had started writing and never finished...two of which I promised. One is the Goose's 1st Birthday. The second is my 2nd attempt at chocolate chocolate chip cookies (major success). Moving forward I've also got a big "Pump Post" in the works (because everyone is dying to hear about my year long experience pumping milk, right?). I'll also be letting you in on what's going on with M since his surgery (don't worry, he's going to live) and of course how the Goose is making out (he's a ridiculous and hilarious 15 month old - how did that happen?).

And for good measure (and possibly as an apology), some outtakes from our holiday photoshoot (because, really, aren't they the best ones anyway?)...

my chunky monkey


ignore the dangling slobber...is my child a ginger?

why, yes. I did bribe my child with cookies.



Best wishes in the New Year. Hoping 2012 brings everyone nothing but a wealth of health and happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment