Friday, September 2, 2011

Fill in the Blank Friday

Here we are again...Friday. Sorry I haven't updated. No worries, we're alive and stuff. Irene ended up not being as catastrophic as expected for us downstate and coastal folks. Not that there wasn't damage, but I think it's safe to say that overall, Irene took it easier on us than we were prepared for. Unfortunately, she didn't take it so easy on residents of upstate NY, Vermont and CT. There's a lot of flooding, last minute evacuation refugees, and major blackouts. We're thinking of all those affected and feel so lucky that the only damage we suffered was some water in the basement and lost power. Even with all that, the week has been crazy trying to catch up with work (I missed two days b/c of Irene's aftermath) and cleaning up leftover damage. But I've started my loooong weekend, so all is right in the world.
My loooong weekend consists of having off today and Monday, and then I always have off Tuesdays and Wednesdays...so we're looking at a return of Thursday...score! And the best part about that long weekend -- no plans! Okay, so tomorrow we'll be visiting with Mike's sister again (we were there this past weekend as refugees) for the day, but from Sunday through Wednesday, we've got squat to do, and I'm so excited. Bring on the laziness and squeezing out a few last beach days!

And to kick off the long weekend - it's Blanks time! Link up over at The Little Things We Do and join the fun!



1.   One thing that is completely superfluous, but that I could never give up is     my favorite chocolate chip cookies. I find myself making them at least every other week. One batch makes 16 huge-ish cookies. Here's the problem: All 16 don't usually last more than 2 days. It's downright disgusting how many we eat. 

2.    Being put on the spot      makes me feel awkward.

3.  I can't    go a day    without,    the Goose's funny faces  .

4.    Goldfish   is my favorite snack.

5.  Lately I've been     reminiscing being pregnant. I miss it .

6.  If at first you don't succeed  , dont be like me and give up, haha. Just kidding. I always try again, it's just usually at a much, much later time    .

7.  Fall is    nice and all, but I'm a summer girl and it just reminds me that I have to wait three more seasons for the return of summer. I know, I know, debbie downer. I'd enjoy fall much, much more if spring immediately followed and we skipped winter alltogether   .


What are you guys up to this weekend? Is anyone else looking forward to doing nothing like me? Or are you stoked because your weekend is stacked full of fun? Either way, enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment