Monday, September 26, 2011

Update: Dipes and Edumacation

Dipes = Diapers.
No, not the Goose's dipes. The dog's. The update is that she is potty trained. Just kidding. But the truth, and the update, is that she's out of diapers. I mentioned a short while back that M had been putting dipes on the dog, because she started "leaking"). We just assumed it was because of her getting older, and that we'd have to deal with her peeing all over our carpets, without her even knowing it. Turns out she has urinary incontinence and it's treatable with medication. So Bailey has graduated to peeing outside, rather than on our carpets and all it costs her is taking two pills a day. Our carpets thank you, doggy doctor.

Edumacation = Classes
Tonight marks my second Photoshop class. I'm taking some classes at a nearby university to learn Photoshop and some basic camera skills. I'll be taking photoshop for 6 weeks, once a week. Halfway through that I'll start up with the photography/camera course, also for 6 weeks, once a week. I've tried to teach myself photoshop, years ago, with no success. I'm an extremely good self-teacher, but you can't really teach yourself a program without at least knowing the basics and how to get around it. And the basic camera class is because, though I've been reading the hell out of all different photog books and photog blogs and photog forums, I've always best learned by just "doing" things - hands on. Reading a photog book and practicing has done me a lot of good, but there are questions I still have and things I just can't seem to pickup simply by reading. I need to do it, hands on, with someone more knowledgeable by my side.
Even though it doesn't seem like a big deal, it is. I'm so excited to be on my way to really fulfilling this wish of mine. I had always wished I'd studied photography, or at least taken classes. And now here I am. Doing it. Better late than never, and really...it's never too late (especially at the ripe age of 27).

So there's some little bits of going-on in our house. Aren't you just on the edge of your seat with how thrilling our life is?

No comments:

Post a Comment