Monday, June 6, 2011

Commuter Chronicles

I work in NYC. Our beach town is about 30-40 miles outside of it. That leaves me with about an hour and half commute each way of my trip. Total of almost 3 hours every.damn.day. Fun stuff.
Here’s the breakdown:
-I drive to the train station (15 minutes, including parking and some cushion time for morons in cars).
-Long Island Railroad aka L-I-double-R, if you’re cool, takes about 50 minutes…on a good day. Let’s not talk about the bad days, k?
-Transfer to the subway (the A train to be exact). Only for two stops, but on any given day there can be a multitude of excuses as to why my train isn’t on time or actually moving once I’m on it, so that can range anywhere from 5 minutes to 30. Generally, it’s about 10-15 mins.

If all of that doesn’t sound glorious enough for you, then myGAWD, are you in for a treat. Even if you’re not a frequenter of any type of NY mass transit, but especially if you are, then you’re gonna abso-effin-lutely luff to hear the crazy encounters of my daily commute. For those of you not familiar, it’s basically one big shit-show circus of hilarity. Some days are better or worse than others, but no matter the circumstance, it makes for one heck of a story.

Commuter Chronicles will be an ongoing series because there's not even the slightest chance I could make this ish up if I tried, and I feel that the hilarity must be shared and appreciated with all. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment