Thursday, June 30, 2011

Commuter Chronicles

For a little background....

The LIRR isn't like the subway. The seats are comfier. The general population is nicer, cleaner, a bit more well behaved. But even the LIRR is not immune to wierdos. Today's wierdo: the sock guy. 
It is a pet peeve of mine that people sometimes put their feet up on the seat opposite them. Like, "for real?! I don't want to get your shoe dirt on the back of my pant leg because you feel like lounging. Guess what d-bag...we ALL would love to get comfy and put our feet up, but it's common courtesy to keep the seats clean of whatever we possibly can, including shoe dirt."
Well, sock guy actually managed to abide by the "no shoe dirt" rule, albeit a bit confused in his interpretation of it.
I do not lie that shoe guy proceeds to sit in one of 4 seats (2 seats facing opposite two more) where two woman are already sitting. He kicks his shoes off, plops his feet up on the seat next to one of the woman and off to sleep he goes. Yes, just a-chillin' on the LIdoubleR with his shoes off, feet up on the seat, gettin' all comfy and sheeeeiiit.
These poor woman. They just pretended like nothing was going on. Frankly, they are better people than I. That sheeeiiit would not fly with me. It was bothering me just looking at it.
My train buddies and I (yes, I have "train buddies") couldn't help but run right over to those poor women when sock guy got off at his stop, and tell them how sorry we felt for them and rehash just how rude sock guy was.
Here's the kicker: sock guy is also smelly feet guy. Like, really really smelly feet guy. 
Poor women.

If I were to ever see sock/smelly feet guy again, I'm may or may not be stealing his shoes while he's resting his smelly feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment