Friday, July 22, 2011

Missing the Goose and Fill in the Blank Friday

It's been a whole week since I posted, sorry folks. Things have gotten seriously crazy around here. With M's surgery looming, we got to doing a lot of things around the house. And now that he's had the surgery, I'm lucky that I've had time to eat and sleep, let alone anything much more. Turns out what we thought would be a quick 45 min/1hr surgery ended up being an insanely complicated 4.5 hour surgery and he's pretty incapacitated. As in can't do anything by himself (we're talking bathroom stuff here people). Needless to say, M's my first priority right now and THANK God for moms and mom-in-laws. The Goose is on his third night sleeping away from home and I miss him more than I ever imagined, despite the fact that I've seen him each of these days (Wednesday I was able to share my favorite morning wake up time with him before we left, yesterday JoNanna brought him by for a visit, and today I went and picked him up to bring him home, and Meema came over shortly after to pick him up to go to her house). He's been such a trooper. Both moms report smiles and laughter, despite the fact that he's working on a tooth and sporting a low grade fever. He truly is the happiest baby and I miss him so, so much. I even wussed it up and cried tonight when he was leaving. This is the most amount of time I've ever spent away from him (never more than 12 hours), and the fact that it's been three days of it is truly killing me. But M and I decided that tomorrow,  no matter how hard it's going to be, we want the Goose home for bedtime at the very least. It all falls on me, but I can't go another day without those giggles and smiles, or his sweet milk breath, or his newly learned favorite - kisses. Hopefully, M is feeling better than he has been (supposedly the first 48 are the worst), and I can give both my boys attention enough to handle it all. Fingers crossed.

And now, on to the not-depressing stuff.
Head on over to The Little Things We Do and link up with Lauren.



1.   One of my happiest moments ever was      the day we got engaged. Because it was a complete and utter surprise and it was such an out of body experience. I was not expecting it at all, and all of my family was there to share it. You probably think I'm a d-bag for choosing this moment over my wedding day or the day the Goose was born, but I think the sheer surprise of it all made it such a different feeling. They're two different categories to me.

2.  Summer is wedding season and weddings are   my favorite. I seriously love weddings. Lame ones. horrible ones. awesome ones. meaningful ones. They're all so full of promise and love, no matter the relationship, the couple or the whereabouts.

3.  This summer     is seriously fleeting. Ummm, June? July?...where did you go?

4.  My summer food of choice has been  bananas. Cuz the Goose started eating 'em and we both love 'em.

5.  My summer uniform has been     my favorite pair of khaki shorts and any tank or T, and of course, the rainbows.

6.  If I could spend the entire summer in one location I would choose     home. See here for why I love home so much (just prepare to read a bit)


7.  My summer anthem is     MMBop, hansen (don't hate). Because it reminds me of all the summer nights I spent dancing away and being absolutely, drunkenly, ridiculous and out of control with my friends. You kinda have to be as awesome as us to understand the love that is MMbop. jealous? Bahaha.



Have a great weekend lovies!


Oh and PS, there's only 10 days left to get your votes in for The Goose for the Gerber Generation challenge...do it, do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment