Thursday, August 4, 2011

DKMS

Please click here to learn more about and consider becoming a bone marrow donor through DKMS Bone Marrow Donor Center.

I have absolutely no personal ties/motivations behind posting this here other than I'm simply moved by what this organization does and for the reason it exists. I, myself, am registered to become a bone marrow donor and I feel it would be an HONOR to be able to give someone a second chance at life one day. I honestly don't know why I am so emotionally attached to bone marrow donation, considering I cannot think of one situation that affects anyone I know personally, past or present times. I do happen to read the blog of a family affected*, but it was truly by chance that I found it, and it was ironically after I learned of and registered with DKMS that I found their story and started following their blog. All I know is that this cause moves me, and I hope to move others. So check them out, or click on my sidebar

Thanks folks.

*It turns out that the little "star" of this blog is featured on DKMS' main page. Again, ironic. The magic that is the internet!

No comments:

Post a Comment