Friday, August 12, 2011

Fill in the Blank Friday

It's that time of the week! We have a block party tomorrow and then Sunday we leave for a family vacation in Sag Harbor, LI. We'll be there most of next week, so you may not hear from me. Hopefully I'll be taking lots of pics, and then about a month and a half from now I'll be posting some here, haha. Sorry, but I just know myself well enough to not promise anything too soon.
The house we're staying in is LARGE. There's a pool, tennis and basketball courts, and sleeps a shitton of people. Thank god b/c M's entire family on his mother's side is also going. Let me just put it this way: Meema (M's mother) is one of seven kids. Those kids all have an average of 3 or 4 children, and now some of those are having kids themselves. There's going to be A LOT of us. But I'm excited and it's some time away.

Join Lauren and all the other link-er up-ers over at her place, The Little Things We Do, and fill in the blanks. Happy Birthday Lauren!

 

1.   My most favorite birthday was       this past one. Because I was so happy and in awe of our new addition (the Goose was born only 9 days before my b-day), that I completely forgot it was my birthday. Literally, M had to remind me, and laughed at me. I just remember waking up every morning so in love, that nothing else mattered. I’m still in awe and in love, but it’s not as “new”, and life has returned to normal.
2.  My worst birthday was    I honestly can’t think of one, but I guess if I had to choose, it would be the year I turned 22, when M and I first started dating. He took me out to a fancy restaurant and I ended up with food poisoning. And he was spending time taking care of me, so he forgot to get a card or cake…but his roommate did. I remember feeling pretty “woe is me” that day.

3.  My favorite birthday memory is     my 21st birthday, the whole day. I went to a beer festival, had on the cutest outfit, ran amock around NYC, got free bottles of champagne and ended up in a gay bar having the time of my life with a best friend. There are more entertaining stories from that one day than I can think of any other time in my life.

4.  The best birthday present I've ever received was   Does my baby count as a birthday present? Haha. Definitely the one that gets the most use is my kindle, from two years ago from M.

5.  The  best birthday present I've ever given was      Concert tickets to M. Even though the concert was cancelled just days before (boo), M was so surprised and happy. He had mentioned about 80 bajillion times how he kept “forgetting to go online and buy those tickets”. He had every intention of buying them himself and forgot until they were sold out. I got sick seats on presale and he was so happy. Even though it was cancelled, I think it was the thought.

6.  Birthdays are       
okay. Honestly, they’re not a huge thing in my family. I’m not sad or anything about that fact, it just is what it is. Although, I’m hoping to plan some really cool parties for the Goose in the future to celebrate.
7.  My favorite age so far has been       my late teens/early twenties. Not that my life now isn’t great, but I just LIVED life back then. Carefree, partying, not much of a care in the world. I was still responsible (with myself and my finances and such), but managed to just have the time of my life. I look back on those years so fondly. I guess I miss them, but mostly, I am just so happy that I got to live them. I just hope to keep that spirit alive in little ways here and there in my life.

Have a good weekend cool people!

No comments:

Post a Comment