Tuesday, August 23, 2011

I Heart Faces Photo Challenge

I'm pretty obsessed with I Heart Faces, and am a loyal follower of their weekly photo challenges. I've always wanted to enter a photo of mine, but didn't think it was good enough (or more likely, was too scuurred to put my photos out there for judgement). When I saw this weeks photo challenge was pets, I couldn't pass it up. Our sweet sweet beagle, Bailey, is the perfect model. Well, not really. At all. In fact she's terrified of cameras. But she photogs well and her sad eyes always make for a good pic. Or at least I thought so. Turns out that all the pictures I have taken of Bailey, aren't necessarily great..er, good. So I got to snapping...the cat, Shilellagh (pronounced Shilayleigh - don't ask). Turns out, she is the better model. She doesn't move much,  and she tends to come near me but without actually wanting to be with me, and I happen to think she's damn cute. So here's my very first Weekly Challenge entry. I'm still a little scurred, but mostly, I'm happy to be getting this pic in on time (less than 30 mins to closing). So here it is...



Wish me luck!

4 comments:

  1. Give yourself some credit! I think this is a cool pic. Good composition. Love the contrast of her dark face with the bright window..and those eyes just pop!

    I took a pic of my new puppy...talk about not sitting still! That was a challenge! ;)

    Sophisticated Steps

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, but your little girl is BEYOND cute, worth the challenge! Thanks for stopping by, love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Katie, I am impressed for you to enter your first I Heart Faces contest. Yahoo! Good for you and a nice photo too! It's scary that first time ... mine was only a few months ago but I see it stretching me (not this weeks which turns out to be a poor choice of an entry -- and I had to many other options too). I hope you keep entering. I poked around your blog, reading this and that (loved the Fill it In Fridays) and then read your latest. So sorry for the approaching storm and yes I will pray for your home and safety. You have a great writing style ... I'll be back. Mary

    ReplyDelete