Friday, August 5, 2011

Fill in the Blank Friday


It's Friday again and I'm pretty excited that it's here. Tomorrow we're supposed to be heading to my bff 4life "Aunt Mimi"'s house for a pool date, but somehow we might end up at M's workplace medical office for a check in (and we could literally end up waiting around all day, 8-2, no joke). We're hoping he can work something out today, but it's not looking good. So that will be a fun way to spend my Saturday...yeah. Sunday is M's cousin's engagement party and it should be a good time. Andplusalso, I plan on taking lots of pics for them and then be all sneaky and offer them engagement pics to get some practice in. It's nice of me, no? To pretend I'm doing something nice for them, when really I'm helping myself out? Yeah, I thought so too. But seriously, I do think it's a win win. I'm looking to start a portfolio, and they get free pics. And I already worked my magic with another of M's engaged cousins and she was pretty pumped. So one down, one hundred-thousand ninety-bajillion to go!
Now for the fun stuff. Head on over to Lauren's place, The Little Things We Do, and link up to join the partay.


{photo by Caroline of Coeur de La Photography}

1.   My go to outfit for a dress-up occasion like a wedding is       whatever fits (mommyhood changes ish, ya know). But seriously, it's my favorite J Crew charcoal grey silk taffeta ballerina dress.

Because it's beautiful, has pockets, always makes the girls look good, and is the opposite of body hugging, so I never have to suck in the gut or worry about how my body looks in it. It's my go-to dress for when I'm feeling a little on the not-skinny side. Which is almost all the time, ironically (or not).

2.  This week has been    frustrating, but I won't get into that (work blah blah).

3.  When it's dinnertime and I'm feeling lazy I'll usually eat     whatever M makes. He's the cook in our house, so my laziness has little bearing on what we eat for dinner. But if he's lazy, it's takeout of some sort, lately wraps or salads.
 
4.  My favorite pair of shoes is   my rainbows

5.  A random item that I own that is completely unnecessary, but that I could never part with is      my monkey stool, affectionately called Juan Carlos. It's a very small, yellow leather-topped stool. The "stump", I will call it, is a type of sculpture of a monkey and large banana. I was in college, at Marshalls and had literally NO money. My mother was up for the weekend and was there to buy me clothes. I saw this stool and HADTOHAVEIT. JoMomma (now JoNana) wouldn't buy it for me. She laughed and said "absolutely not". Me, with no money, was desperate but determined. I grabbed the $40 stool, brought it over to layaway, paid $10 down and vowed to come back for him at the next week's end when I would get paid. I decided I wouldn't go out or eat that week. He fits nowhere into my house, stylewise (and never did), has seen quite a few hair irons burn his leather top and is overall ridiculous, but I love him. Juan Carlos, you complete me. (I absolutely plan to run home after work and take his picture to share. And that, I PROMISE, to "have in a later post". Fo' Sho'.

6.  My favorite person is      you already know it's the Goose, no doubt (and M a close second), but I'm going to play this game with all that assumed. Bruce Springsteen. his music moves my soul. and if I ever shared a drink with him, I could die happy.

7.  If I were going to write my own blank it would say       If you had one wish for the rest of your life that you had to choose right now, what would it be? And my answer would be what it's been since my very first memory of blowing out a candle: happiness



The End! Have a good weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment